Asset names for Neos CMS
Installing this package will change the naming behavior for files when publishing assets in Neos CMS.
By default Neos CMS will create a symlink in the public
Web folder to the file stored in the private
folder. These symlinks to images and other assets will have the filenames they got when they were uploaded.
New behavior: The symlinks to these assets will have a filename based on their
title which can be set in the
- You can optimize the filenames for SEO purposes in the
- The actual file name stored in the database is not changed.
- Old filenames will still work until the
Web/Resourcesfolder is cleaned up.
- The actual file name stored in the database is not changed. Therefore there is an additional query to the database to generate the file name when the public uri is requested. This might be optimized in the future.
How to use it
- Install the package via composer
composer require --no-update shel/asset-namesin your site package.
composer updatein your project's root folder.
What the package cannot do yet
It currently doesnt work when not using the provided symlink target.
If you use the copy target or some cloud based filesystem you can extend those targets the same way and provide the change as PR to this package.
- This feature should be in the Neos CMS core at some point.
- This package is meant to find the best implementation and also support older Neos versions until it's part of the core.
Contributions are very welcome!
Please create detailed issues and PRs.
If you use this package and want to support or speed up it's development, get in touch with me.
Or you can also support me directly via patreon.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.