Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
SC2 Masternode Setup
SC2 Masternode Setup Guide
- a fully unlocked wallet in sync on your local client: get it here
- 12345 SC2 -> buy now on CryptoBridge!
- a VPS running ubuntu 16.04 and ssh root access
- generate a new address with "File -> receiveing addresses -> new" and label it mn1
- go to the Send tab, and make a transaction of exactly 12345 SC2 to the mn1 address
- wait for confirmations, then open the Debug console and type
- take a note of the txhash:
123xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdfand the outputidx: usually
- in the local debug console type
masternode genkeyand take note of the
- go at the remote VPS and type
- then type
bash ./mninstall.shand follow the onscreen instructions
watch -n 10 securecloudcoin-cli mnsync statusand wait for full sync:
- in your local masternode.conf put
mn1 18.104.22.168:42523 8xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbf 123xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdf 0where 22.214.171.124 is the address of your VPS instance and the rest are the informations you took note above. Then restart and unlock the wallet again.
- in the local wallet's debug console type
startmasternode alias "0" mn1
Output will be:
`"alias" : "mn1",` `"result" : "successful",` `"error" : ""`
You're succesfully running an SC2 Masternode!
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.