Hybrid Hunter Alpha 1.1.2
- Quick firewall fix to address latest docker version.
- Added the option to install playbook from the initial install.
- Fixed an issue with multiple monitor interfaces not working properly.
ISO Download: HH 1.1.2-2
MD5 (HH-1.1.2-2.iso) = abbbae7b40a50623546ed3d7f8cda0ec
Hybrid Hunter Alpha 1.1.1
- Alpha 2 is here!
- Suricata 4.1.5.
- Bro/Zeek 2.6.4.
- TheHive 3.4.0 (Includes ES 6.8.3 for TheHive only).
- Fixed Bro/Zeek packet loss calculation for Grafana.
- Updated to latest Sensoroni which includes websockets support for job status updates without having to refresh the page.
- NIDS and HIDS dashboard updates.
- Playbook and ATT&CK Navigator features are now included.
- Filebeat now logs to a file, instead of stdout.
- Elastalert has been updated to use Python 3 and allow for use of custom alerters.
- Moved Bro/Zeek log parsing from Logstash to Elasticsearch Ingest for higher performance and lower memory usage!
- Several changes to the setup script have been made to improve stability of the setup process:
- Setup now modifies your hosts file so that the install works better in environments without DNS.
- You are now prompted for setting a password for the socore user.
- The install now forces a reboot at the end of the install. This fixes an issue with some of the Docker containers being in the wrong state from a manual reboot. Manual reboots are fine after the initial reboot.
Warnings and Disclaimers
- This ALPHA release is BLEEDING EDGE and TOTALLY UNSUPPORTED!
- If this breaks your system, you get to keep both pieces!
- This script is a work in progress and is in constant flux.
- This script is intended to build a quick prototype proof of concept so you can see what our new platform might look like. This configuration will change drastically over time leading up to the final release.
- Do NOT run this on a system that you care about!
- Do NOT run this on a system that has data that you care about!
- This script should only be run on a TEST box with TEST data!
- Use of this script may result in nausea, vomiting, or a burning sensation.
- ISO or a Single VM running Ubuntu 16.04 or CentOS 7
- Minimum 12GB of RAM
- Minimum 4 CPU cores
- Minimum 2 NICs
- 3 VMs running the ISO or Ubuntu 16.04 or CentOS 7 (You can mix and match)
- Minimum 8GB of RAM per VM
- Minimum 4 CPU cores per VM
- Minimum 2 NICs for forward nodes
Prerequisites for Network Based Install
Install git if using a Centos 7 Minimal install:
sudo yum -y install git
Once you resolve those requirements or are using Ubuntu 16.04 do the following:
git clone https://github.com/Security-Onion-Solutions/securityonion-saltstack cd securityonion-saltstack sudo bash so-setup-network.sh
Follow the prompts and reboot if asked to do so.
Then proceed to the Hybrid Hunter Quick Start Guide.
See the FAQ on the Hybrid Hunter wiki.
If you have questions, problems, or other feedback regarding Hybrid Hunter, please post to our subreddit and prefix the title with [Hybrid Hunter]: