Is email a distraction? SelfControl is an OS X application which blocks access to mail servers and websites for a predetermined period of time. It can not be undone by the app or by a restart--you must wait for the timer to run out.
Translations thanks to: Lukas Bestle, Paul Ishii, Cynthia Lawson, Heather Rasley, and Tian Zheng.
SelfControl is Free Software under the GPL. See source code for more details.
- 1.4 - Added translations in Swedish, Spanish, German, and Japanese, fixed crash on Leopard, other minor bug fixes
- 1.3 - Automatic checkup safety system, UI refresh, user-settable block duration/intervals, bug fixes
- 1.2.2 - Automatic host file backups for safety, various stability improvements
- 1.2.1 - Auto-whitelisting of local networks, fix bug causing persistent crash on 10.4
- 1.2 - SelfControl Configuration files, live blocklist additions, whitelist blocking, automatic cache cleaning, IP range blocking, dock badging, bug fixes
- 1.1 - 10.4 Tiger compatibility, automatic updates, port-wide block capability, bug fixes
- 1.0 - works on OS X Leopard.