Welcome to sensenet ECM
The first Open Source Enterprise Content Management platform for .NET!
sensenet Services 7.0 stable is out! Jump to the Getting started section below to start experimenting right away!
If you need...
- a Content Repository with a powerful query engine (built on Lucene.Net) for storing millions of documents,
- an extendable .Net development platform with many features developers will like (OData REST API with a .Net client SDK, LINQ to sensenet, a unified Content layer - and many more),
- a flexible security layer with customizable content permissions, honored by the query engine,
- a scalable enterprise architecture with NLB and background task management,
- workspaces, lists and libraries to make collaboration easier
sensenet can be a lot of things
- a development platform
- an internet and intranet portal
- a central Content Repository for all kinds of custom content
- an integration point between your (or your clients') existing applications
Let us know which part you're intrested in most!
sensenet is available in two editions:
- Community Edition: a community-supported GPL v2 edition with almost all the features. The source code is available on CodePlex (for version 6.5) and here on GitHub (for the new, componentized version 7.0 - see details below).
- Enterprise Edition: with additional enterprise-grade features (like AD sync, MongoDB blob provider) and vendor support! For details, visit the licensing page on our site.
Contact and support
Whether you're a community member or enterprise customer, feel free to visit our communication channels for demo, examples and support:
- Website: http://www.sensenet.com
- Main chat channel: https://gitter.im/SenseNet/sensenet
- All chat channels: https://gitter.im/SenseNet
- Community support: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/sensenet
- Enterprise support: http://support.sensenet.com
Currently we offer two different versions of sensenet ECM. We recommend version 7.0 for new projects as it is more lightweight and flexible.
sensenet ECM 7.0
A modern ECM platform that can be integrated into existing or new web applications. We modularized sensenet ECM so that you can install only the parts you need. Take a look at the currently published core components!
There is also a number of other built-in and 3rd party components and plugins that are built on this platform either by us or the community.
- Core components of sensenet ECM
- Awesome list of components and plugins
- Install sensenet ECM from NuGet
After installing sensenet ECM
After you installed sensenet ECM, you can start sending requests to the site.
Consider using the following client projects to manipulate data in the Content Repository through its REST API:
For detailed client side examples, please visit the REST API article.
sensenet ECM 6.5
A feature-rich Enterprise CMS with predefined UI and building blocks: pages, portlets, action controls and more. Build your solution with almost no development effort.
If you are new to sensenet, it is worth checking out these introductory articles on our wiki:
- Getting started - using sensenet
- Getting started - installation and maintenance
- Getting started - building portals
- Getting started - developing applications
All kinds of contributions are welcome! We are happy if you have an idea, bugfix or feature request to share with others. Please check out our Contribution guide for details.