Pinger - 24x7 website monitoring lambda
This repository contains the Lambda function built with serverless application model(aka SAM) that monitors web URLs asynchronously, capture response times & response codes in cloud watch and enables slack notifications during 4XX & 5XX failures of the URLs and also a restoration notification once the service is restored.
Approx. AWS costs for lambda to monitor 10 URLs with the scheduled frequency of 5 mins. Kindly note that this is just an estimation. Actuals might differ and subject to the number of URLs that you add to monitor. Estimation is done through Link
- Maintains the state of the URL
- Slack Notifications when web URLs response code are not equal to 200
- Slack Notifications, once the URL is back online
- Response times of the web URLs are shipped to cloud watch. You can optionally enable custom metrics and log aggregation to elastic search(optional, might incur additional costs).
- Cloudwatch Alarms(optional, might incur additional costs).
- Easy to adjust the monitoring scheduled frequency
- Easy to add and remove URLs by just adding/removing them from config file(config.yaml) available in this repository
- Very Low cost monitoring solution
- Easy to customize the source code and CI/CD solution on Jenkins is already in place.
Comparison (vs Pingdom)
Refer the wiki page for more detailed documentation. go to wiki page