This is a sample repository to get php 5.4 running on openshift. It's a work in progress!
More information about this project: tbd
More information about openshift: https://openshift.redhat.com/
The misc/install.sh script installs:
- Apache 2.4.3
- PHP 5.4.7 (updated with zip, zlib and GD modules)
It configures apache to have the diy folder as the document root. It also uses the php.ini-development from the php archive and moves it into the correct folder.
The script does not remove the source files, so you can easily recompile Apache or PHP. Have a look at the shell script to see with which options both were compiled the first time.
The misc/httpconf.py script takes the httpd.conf from misc/templates and replaces some variables with the actual folder pathes (because these depend on the application, they cannot be hardcoded). It then copies the file into the apache conf folder.
To get PHP 5.4 working at OpenShift, you have to do the following:
- Create a new Openshift "Do-It-Yourself" application
- Clone this repository
- Add a new remote "openshift" (You can find the URL to your git repository on the Openshift application page)
git push --force "openshift" master:master
- SSH into your gear
nohup $OPENSHIFT_REPO_DIR/misc/install.sh > $OPENSHIFT_DIY_LOG_DIR/install.log
- Wait (This may take at least an hour)
- Open http://appname-namespace.rhcloud.com/phpinfo.php to verify running apache
- You can remove the misc content
Thanks to the following people (ordered by name):
This is stuff which needs to be done right now. Feel free to do a pull request!
- Add config description
- (Add link to blog with more in-depth explanation)