External data acquisition module for Snort which reads directly from an Endace DAG card.
- Compile and install Endace SDK.
- Compile and install Snort DAQ libraries. (Version 1.1 or 2.0 should work.)
- Clone this repository or download and extract the zip archive file.
- Configure and compile
autoreconf -ivf ./configure make make install
- Add the configuration items to snort.conf
config daq: endace config daq_dir: /usr/local/lib/daq config daq_mode: passive
- This code has been somewhat tested.
- Randy Caldejon at packetchaser.org for authoring the Napatech DAQ module
- Brian Trammell at Carnegie Mellon for authoring the YAF DAG code
- Endace for authoring tons of documentation
Copyright (c) 2013 William Allison
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.