Adaptation has several changes:
- Include Hugo internal templates (Open Graph, Disqus, Google Analytics)
- New responsive menu without jQuery
- SVG icons instead of font icons
- Theme options are saved (Sidebar position, Author Box, Post Navigation) and available through config.toml file parameters
- Other small changes
In your Hugo site
themes directory, run:
$ git clone https://github.com/vimux/mainroad
config.toml in the base of the Hugo site and ensure the theme option is set to
theme = "mainroad"
For more information read the official setup guide of Hugo.
baseurl = "/" title = "Mainroad" languageCode = "en-us" paginate = "10" # Number of posts per page theme = "mainroad" disqusShortname = "" # Enable comments by entering your Disqus shortname googleAnalytics = "" # Enable Google Analytics by entering your tracking id [Author] name = "John Doe" bio = "John Doe's true identity is unknown. Maybe he is a successful blogger or writer. Nobody knows it." avatar = "img/avatar.png" [Params] subtitle = "Just another site" # Subtitle of your site description = " John Doe's Personal blog about everything" # Description of your site opengraph = true leftsidebar = false # Move sidebar to the left side if true authorbox = true post_navigation = true [Params.widgets] search = true # Enable "Search" widget recent_articles = true # Enable "Recent arcticles" widget categories = true # Enable "Categories" widget tags = true # Enable "Tags" widget
- Delete unused CSS
- No ID in CSS
- Responsive menu without jQuery
- Delete unused JS
- i18n support (Internationalization)
- Detailed documentation (?)
- Social media widget (?)
- Enhanced version of recent posts widget (?)
- Tabbed widget (?)
This theme is released under the GPLv2 license (inherited from the original MH Magazine lite WordPress theme).