SharpCLABot is a robot running on the ASP.net platform that will help you to:
- Check Pull Requests submitted to your github repository.
- Redirect new contributors to an online electronic form to sign the Contributor License Agreement of your project.
- Fully integrated with github.
- Receive pull-request events, auto-comment on pull-request
- Use github contributor identity via OAuth to verify before signing
- Easy step-by-step configuration online
- Administrator configuration panel
- Customize templates for the bot comment replies
- Customize templates for the Individual CLA and Information about Us
- Compatible with Microsoft Azure platform
- An ASP.net web server (supporting .NET 4.5+)
- A small database deployed with the web site (Default is using LocalDb. Note: that LocalDb is not working on Azure and you need to provide your own connection string during SharpCLABot setup)
What is a CLA?
The purpose of a CLA is to ensure that the guardian of a project's outputs has the necessary ownership or grants of rights over all contributions to allow them to distribute under the chosen licence. Wikipedia
How is it working?
A new contributor...
A new contributor is opening a pull-request on your repository that is being watched by SharpCLABot:
SharpCLABot is replying that this contributor has not yet signed the CLA for the project, and invite the contributor to sign it:
The contributor signs...
The contributor go to the signing website provided by SharpCLABot and fill-out the form to sign the CLA:
The contributor has signed...
The contributor has just signed the CLA and is redirected to its pull request with a comment acknowledge from SharpCLABot:
How to install it?
Deploy this project to a website supporting ASP.net with .NET4.5+.
On the first connection, SharpCLABot will guide you to setup your online electronic form.
Check the Setup page for more details.
SharpCLABot is released under the Simplied BSD License.
SharpCLABot is using the following frameworks:
This project was inspired by the clabot project.