Accurate and high performance C++ interop code generator for C#.
- Accurate, fast code-gen for C++ and COM interfaces from their C++ headers.
- No dependencies on .NET Runtime COM support
- Supports passing code-gen information through MSBuild project and package references
- Pluggable Runtime Library Name and runtime support type names (default library is SharpGen.Runtime)
- Projects that implement their own SharpGenTools runtime support classes can add mapping rules to ensure that their generated code uses their runtime support library.
Components in this Repo
- The code-gen engine that runs CastXML to parse the C++ and then generates the C# interop code.
- API for SharpGen SDK plugins, e.g. documentation providers.
- MSBuild tooling to integrate SharpGen directly into projects.
- Build-time code generation plugin platform.
- Runtime support classes for code generated by SharpGen.
- Mapped classes for the core interfaces in the COM and Windows Runtime.
- SDK-style (CPS) MSBuild projects
- .NET environment, at least one of the following:
- .NET SDK (5 or newer)
- .NET Core SDK (2.1 or newer)
- Visual Studio 2017.3 with desktop .NET workload, .NET Framework 4.7.2 SDK or newer
- Make any mapping files a
SharpGenMappingitem in your
- .NET SDK: 5.0 or newer.
- CMake: 3.0 or newer.
- SDK tests require x64 Windows, VS2019 with x86 and x64 C++ compilers, recent PowerShell version.
Nightly (CI) builds
Add SharpGenTools MyGet feed to your NuGet.config:
<configuration> <packageSources> <!-- ... --> <add key="SharpGenTools" value="https://www.myget.org/F/sharpgentools/api/v3/index.json" /> </packageSources> </configuration>