Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
What is Examine?
Examine allows you to index and search data easily and wraps the Lucene.Net indexing/searching engine. Lucene is super fast and allows for very fast searching even on very large amounts of data. Examine is provider based so it is very extensible and allows you to configure as many indexes as you like and each may be configured individually. Out of the box Examine gives you abstract implementations of Lucene based indexers and searchers as well as a Fluent API that can be used to search for your data.
- Naming Conventions
Creating an Index Set
- Index sets are an index definition, what fields and field types are included in the index
Creating an Indexer
- An indexer is the object that performs the indexing (writing) of values for an index set
Creating a Searcher
- A searcher is the object that performs the searching (reading) of the values in an index set
- The Examine.ExamineManager is a the object which exposes all of the index and search providers which are registered in the application, it is the starting point for using the Examine APIs
- Fluent Search API & Sorting results
- Support for faceted search
- For UmbracoExamine documentation see [url:http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Searching/Examine/]