License Plate Recognition using OpenCV.
This is an OpenCV-based implementation of License Plate Recognition. For more details on OpenCV please check here.
Setup and Execution
To run this code you will need to install opencv dependencies: http://docs.opencv.org/3.2.0/d7/d9f/tutorial_linux_install.html
The following steps have been tested for Ubuntu_16.10:
- [compiler] $sudo apt-get install build-essential
- [required] $sudo apt-get install cmake git libgtk2.0-dev pkg-config libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev
- [optional] $sudo apt-get install python-dev python-numpy libtbb2 libtbb-dev libjpeg-dev libpng-dev libtiff-dev libjasper-dev libdc1394-22-dev
Getting the source code
$ cd ~/<my_working_directory> $ git clone https://github.com/opencv/opencv.git $ git clone https://github.com/opencv/opencv_contrib.git
Compilation from Source
- Enter into your /opencv folder
- $mkdir build
- $cd build
- $cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local ..
- wait for a while and when there are no errors:
- $make -j7
- $sudo make install
Running the code
Compilation: Please use the CMakeLists.txt file in the src folder.
- use cmake-gui to set the source to src and a build folder
- then run make from the /build folder
This project is a fork out of an academic project that I worked on as part of my studies at TU Berlin.
- A big thanks to Dr. Ahmed Elhossini who was our mentor during this project
- This project was inspired by the Masters thesis "FPGA Implementation of License Plate Detection and Recognition" by Farid Rosli.
- It's not yet possible to split the source code into separate modules since CMake considers only one source file per folder.
- The database is not optimal as it's just a trial.
This project is licensed under GPLv3. Please check the license file for details.