The Timber theme is no longer being maintained by Shopify. Developers are encouraged to check out Slate - a theme scaffolding and command line tool built for developing Shopify themes.
You can continue to use Timber; however, this repo will not be kept up-to-date with changes in Shopify theme development.
Timber is a theme framework for Shopify that helps you get your store up and running quickly. It provides all required theme templates, a starter set of liquid tags, and some basic styles and modules for you to extend on.
Styling and customization is left up to you. Some base styles and helpers are included, but there is no need to remove any code before you start. Simply download and get designing.
Designing a store for a client? Earn revenue through our Partner program.
Ways to Get Started
- Download the latest release
- Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/Shopify/Timber.git
- Or install with Bower
bower install timber
- Demo Store: A store setup with some products, blog posts, and customer accounts
- Empty Store: A fresh store, just what you should expect when you install on your new store
For a set of demo products to use during development, download this CSV file and import it on our products page.
Tests make sure there are no missing or extra i18n strings or invalid html in your locale liquid files.
All PRs must pass the tests before being merged. Check the test status when you open a new PR on GitHub, or locally with the following.
bundle installto install all the dependecies
rspec specto run all the tests
- Themes Documentation: Learn more about Liquid and theme templates.
- Shopify Theme Kit: A cross-platform command line tool for building Shopify Themes.
- Liquid Cheat Sheet
- Retail Tours: Sign up for a workshop in a city near you to learn all things Shopify.
- Need more help? Ask a question in our Design Forums.
Timber is released under the MIT License.