shopify_transporter is a command-line tool that offers capabilities to extract and convert data from third-party platforms into a Shopify-friendly format.
This format can then be imported into Shopify via the Transporter app.
shopify_transporter offers built-in support for migrations from Magento (version 1), as well as providing support for you to write your own transformations for other platforms.
Note: the Transporter app is available to Shopify Plus plans only.
Here's how you can get started migrating a store from a third-party platform onto Shopify using the Transporter suite of tools.
- Follow the Getting started guide to install the necessary requirements.
- Create a new project for the source store.
- Extract data from your source store.
- Convert the extracted data into a Shopify-formatted CSV file.
- Use the Transporter app to import the Shopify-formatted CSV file into a Shopify store
Please open an issue here if you encounter a specific bug with this library or if something is documented incorrectly.
Before filing an issue, please ensure that:
- The issue is not already covered in another open issue
- The issue does not contain any confidential or personally identifiable information
- The issue is specifically regarding the
shopify_transportergem and not related to the Transporter App.
If you'd love to see a particular feature as part of
shopify_transporter, submit a pull request adding that feature!
Please read our contribution guidelines before submitting a pull request.
shopify_transporter is listed under the MIT license. See LICENSE.md for more details.