Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
- Fixed a bug related to parsing timestamps stored in the database. Now correctly parses the timestamps as
datetimeobjects rather than strings, and converts them to UTC.
- Added a
creation_timestampfield to the
- Updated celery tasks to store/access creation timestamp on list analysis/list update
- Added an interactive bubble chart widget to the index page comparing list size, open rate, and list creation date
- Updated Node dependencies
- Added FAQ page with dynamic dataset statistics (HTML page, routes, unit tests)
- Fixed a bug in the
update_stored_datacelery task when a stored API key is no longer valid
- Updated visualizations. If a list has been cached in our database for more than a month (and hence has been updated in the background at least once), now shows your current list's statistics as well as your list's statistics as of one month ago. Does the same for the database average.
- Updated the email report. Now contains a "tips" section for each visualization as well as explanatory text. Also integrates HKS' new Email Newsletters Playbook (newsletterguide.org) into the report.
- Updated test suite, documentation, etc.
- Split database table
list_stats. The new configuration supports multiple analyses of a given list, each with its own timestamp, for comparing statistics over time. This is a breaking change, as the two database structures are incompatible and data needs to be manually migrated across (and seeded with analysis timestamps).
tasks.pyto interface with the new database models.
- Updated the Celery Beat tasks which updated known lists in the background. Instead of updating a random portion of the database every night, now searches for lists whose most recent analysis is more than a month old and generates a new analysis for those lists.
- Updated test suite.
- Updated visualizations. All charts have been refined using Plotly.
- Bumped Python and Node dependencies.
- Updated documentation to reflect intricacies of running Xvfb and a daemonized Celery in production.
- Improved error handling for MailChimp API requests. All exceptions now trigger retry/exponential backoff.
- Added the
NO_EMAILenvironment variable. This suppresses email sending when set (email details are logged instead). Useful for testing.
- Fixed front-end copy.