The Answers extension is a collection of extensions and other tools (including a skin) to operate a questions and answers wiki with MediaWiki as the backend.
The tools were written by various Wikia developers for Wikia.
The initial public release (http://trac.wikia-code.com/changeset/39697) of the Answers extension was on 22 July 2011, though some components of it (such as the old skin, EditResearch extension, etc.) had been public from the very beginning.
It appears that Wikia stopped working on the extension(s) at some point, after which the work was picked up by Jack Phoenix <email@example.com>, the author of this very README file.
- Adrian Wieczorek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Bartek Łapiński <email@example.com>
- Christian Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- David Pean <email@example.com>
- Maciej Brencz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Maciej Błaszkowski <email@example.com>
- Nick Sullivan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sean Colombo <email@example.com>
- Jack Phoenix <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- George Barnick <email@example.com>
4. On directory structure
The original release contained only the directories "FacebookConnect", "templates" and "tests". I moved some other Answers-specific stuff here in an attempt to keep things centralized.
- an extension for displaying Google AdSense ads on search results pages.
- used by the Answers skin
- MediaWiki API modules, called by various things
- allows users to get a question widget for their site
- maintenance scripts intended to be run from command line (CLI)
- Answers skin (both old and new versions), its images, CSS and JS files
Add the following to your wiki's LocalSettings.php:
After that, go to your wiki's
[[Special:Version]] page to verify that the
installation was successful.