Action Cable Examples
A collection of examples showcasing the capabilities of Action Cable.
You must have redis installed and running on the default port:6379 (or configure it in config/redis/cable.yml).
tar xvzf redis-stable.tar.gz
brew install redis
Note: You must have Ruby 2.2.2 installed in order to use redis
Starting the servers
- Open up a separate terminal and run:
- One more terminal to run redis server:
Live comments example
- Open two browsers with separate cookie spaces (like a regular session and an incognito session).
- Login as different people in each browser.
- Go to the same message.
- Add comments in either browser and see them appear real-time on the counterpart screen.