I Assure You We're Open
First of all,
beulogue is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.
- Use the present tense ("Add feature" not "Added feature")
- Use the imperative mood ("Move cursor to..." not "Moves cursor to...")
- Limit the first line to 72 characters or less
- Reference issues and pull requests liberally
- Add Github issue id (if present) between brackets after emoji
- Start the commit message with an applicable emoji:
:gift:when adding/updating a feature
:green_heart:when fixing the build
:wrench:when updating tools
:white_check_mark:when adding tests
:lipstick:when improving the format/structure of the code
:fire:when removing code or feature
:bug:when fixing bugs
:arrow_up:when upgrading a module / component / dependency
:flashlight:when adding logging
:memo:when writing docs
:racehorse:when improving performance
:construction:for work in progress
:checkered_flag:when bumping version number
:truck:when moving files
beulogue follows my own FibVer (Fibonacci Versioning):
- Basically, it follows Semantic Versioning.
- You have to use Fibonacci suite numbers when you bump the version.
- Until you bump a major version, don't reset patch. For a version, it gives an idea of how many features and bugfixes you made.
I'll spec that one day...