Sigil-0.9.18 represents a mix of new features and bug fixes.
- fix bug in macOS that caused spurious warnings about missing file in the manifest
- hopefully fix macOS bug about launching files using open-with from Desktop
- fix local links during split that incorrectly used target filename for internal link
- create GetEnvironmentVar to make access to environment variables more cross-platform
- fix macOS bug when hitting close on the title bar of MainWindow causing strange window behaviour
- hopefully fix macOS segfault on close by disabling Preview timer immediately
- fix Windows 7 issues when running batch (.bat) files via OpenExternally (open with)
- all error messages are now properly logged
- fix improperly disabled open-with menu in Image Tabs popup context menu
- removed use of Qt obsolete methods in About and Error Dialogs
- enable use of SIGIL_DEBUG_LOGFILE environment var to control saving debug output to a file
- properly update the ncx after merging xhtml files
- properly warn users if a multiple rendition epub (multiple OPF files) has been loaded
- make Sigil's external XHtml editor work to pass an OPF file (see PageEdit new features)
- Allow epub3 metadata editor to edit primary meta tags
- Replace buggy cssutils module used in plugins with our own drop-in replacement fork: css-parser
- Updated Mac, Windows, and Linux build documentation
Be aware that Sigil-0.9.18 no longer enforces the need for epub3 to have and support an NCX for the purposes of backward compatibility with epub2 reading systems. There are, however, built-in tools to allow users to add backward compatibility features such as the NCX to their epub3.
Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.
Mac users should still download and install ActiveState's ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.
Mac users should also check out the wiki entry on the New Release File Format
The latest Sigil user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository.