Follow these steps on a Mac in order to build the Xamarin iOS and Android client projects:
- Download Xamarin for iOS (MonoTouch) development from http://xamarin.com/download/
- On the Apple Store, find and install "Xcode"
- Download and install "Android NDK" from http://developer.android.com/
- Open Xamarin Studio
- On Menu, select "Xamarin Studio", select "Preferences", select "SDK Locations". Ensure all locations are configured correctly for Android and Apple.
- On Menu, select "Xamarin Studio", select "Check for Updates", select Beta on "Update channel"
- Open Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Mono.Mobile.sln from the "dev" branch
- Rebuild the solution
- The assemblies will be located in the \bin folder of the Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.iOS and Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.Android projects