Welcome to the Xenko source code repository!
Xenko is an open-source C# game engine for realistic rendering and VR. The engine is highly modular and aims at giving game makers more flexibility in their development. Xenko comes with an editor that allows you create and manage the content of your games or applications in a visual and intuitive way.
To learn more about Xenko, visit xenko.com.
Before downloading, using or contributing to Xenko, please carefully read the license agreements below.
By downloading or using files in this repository, you affirm that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms below.
Find explanations and information about Xenko:
Ask for help or report issues:
Building from source
- Git with Git LFS option, or install Git LFS separately.
- Visual Studio 2017 with the following workloads:
- .NET desktop development
- Desktop development with C++ (with "C++/CLI" and "Windows 8.1 SDK and UCRT SDK" optional components)
- Clone Xenko with LFS:
git lfs clone https://git.xenko.com/xenko/Xenko-Runtime.git
- Set SiliconStudioXenkoDir environment variable to point to your
<XenkoDir>\build\Xenko.slnwith Visual Studio 2017, and build.
<XenkoDir>\samples\XenkoSamples.slnand play with the samples.
- Optionally, open and build