Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
To this day, ebooks have been limited by an old standard created in the pre-Kindle and pre-iPad era. Baker is the first stepping stone to show that we could already be using the powerful HTML5 language to create books with real typography, real layouts and high-quality design.
How to setup a magazine with Baker 4.1
- Decide whether you need a Newsstand or a Standalone App
- Setup your publication
- ...within Newsstand with Free issues only, read here (supports remote downloads, does not require a server).
- ...within Newsstand with In-App Purchases, read here (you can buy issues and subscriptions, does require a server)
- ...as a Standalone app, read here (as a standard application, non-Newsstand).
- If you have problems, see Problems and Debugging.
More on Baker 4.1, shelf and Newsstand
- How to package an HPub
- Newsstand shelf JSON
- Baker Server API
- Subscription pingback
- Push notifications tutorial
- Issue cover displayed in Newsstand
- How to setup Google Analytics or similar
- Dynamic Type Fonts support
Documentation on Baker 3.2
These pages refer to an older version of the framework, but are in part still relevant.
The HPub format
More How Tos
- Basic FAQ
- Advanced FAQ
- Proper cleanup to remove cached images and old data.
- Publish on iPad and iPhone
- Take pages screenshots for a Baker book
- Deployment with Testflight
- Adding an Index Bar to your publication
- Localized interface
- 3.2 Newsstand support