Join GitHub today
To this day, ebooks have been limited by an old standard created in the pre-Kindle and pre-iPad era. Baker is the first stepping stone to show that we could already be using the powerful HTML5 language to create books with real typography, real layouts and high-quality design.
How to setup a magazine with Baker 4.1
- Decide whether you need a Newsstand or a Standalone App
- Setup your publication
- ...within Newsstand with Free issues only, read here (supports remote downloads, does not require a server).
- ...within Newsstand with In-App Purchases, read here (you can buy issues and subscriptions, does require a server)
- ...as a Standalone app, read here (as a standard application, non-Newsstand).
- If you have problems, see Problems and Debugging.
More on Baker 4.1, shelf and Newsstand
- How to package an HPub
- Newsstand shelf JSON
- Baker Server API
- Subscription pingback
- Push notifications tutorial
- Issue cover displayed in Newsstand
- How to setup Google Analytics or similar
- Dynamic Type Fonts support
Documentation on Baker 3.2
These pages refer to an older version of the framework, but are in part still relevant.
The HPub format
More How Tos
- Basic FAQ
- Advanced FAQ
- Proper cleanup to remove cached images and old data.
- Publish on iPad and iPhone
- Take pages screenshots for a Baker book
- Deployment with Testflight
- Adding an Index Bar to your publication
- Localized interface
- 3.2 Newsstand support