Pokedex is a robust Discord bot that mimics the iconic Pokedex from the Pokemon games and show. It's loaded with features to help players of all skill levels to learn and better enjoy Pokemon! The goal of Pokedex is to provide users with as much data about the Pokemon games as they desire conveniently and with minimal effort.
Join Pokedex's Support Server to try out the bot and talk to the devs!
Invite Pokedex to your own Discord server!
Features and Commands
- Access to extensive data on every Pokemon (including Smogon data)
- Spell checking
- Speaking in voice channels
- Patreon connectivity (including exclusive commands)
- HD shiny models of every Pokemon
- Multiple prefixes or postfix options
- User-friendly error handling
- data - displays general information about the specified Pokemon, including an animated model
- randpoke - displays the name and an animated model of a random Pokemon
- stats - displays the stats of the specified Pokemon
- shiny - displays an HD shiny model of the specified Pokemon
- coverage - organizes a list of Types that the specifies Moves/Types can hit for super-effective damage
- item - displays detailed information about the specified Item
- move - displays detailed information about the specified Item
- ability - displays detailed information about the specified Ability or displays the Abilities that the secified Pokemon may have
- learn - specifies if a Pokemon can learn a list of given Move and how it can learn those Moves
- weak - displays the types that a specified Pokemon or Typing is weak to
- dex - displays the Pokedex entry of the specified Pokemon from a specified Version. If the user is connected to a voice chat, it will speak the Pokedex entry in that voice chat
- location - displays the in-game locations of the specified Pokemon in the specified Version
- set - displays the Smogon-standard set of the specified Pokemon for the specified Meta in the specified Generation
- help - provides examples of every command
- about - displays data about the bot itself
- patreon - provides a link to the Patreon campaign for this bot
- invite - provides an invite to the Discord support server and an link to invite the bot to another server
- MySQL Connector
- PokeFlex Java API
- Reactor 3
Builds are described by the three sections in the version number X.Y.Z. Upon incrementing Y, the build is named after a Pokemon move.
- X - Major version numer. Increments when core functionality is changed.
- Y - Semi-major version number. Increments when a module's functionality is altered.
- Z - Minor version number. Any changes.
- 5.0.0 - Aeroblast
- 5.1.0 - Blast Burn
- 5.2.0 - Core Enforcer
- 5.3.0 - Dragon Ascent
- 5.4.0 - Extreme Evoboost
- 5.5.0 - Fire Blast
- 6.0.0 - Giga Impact
Pokémon © 2002-2019 Pokémon. © 1995-2019 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. TM, ® and Pokémon character names are trademarks of Nintendo. No copyright or trademark infringement is intended.