How to release Sitecore PowerShell Extensions in 15 simple steps (and counting)
- In the git issue tracker make sure all closed issues without a milestone have the one that is being released assigned to them.
- Close the milestone
- Take the shortcut to the milestone (closed issues) and assign a Bitly link to it in the following format: http://bit.ly/ScPs##Iss - where ## is the current version number
- Make sure you've pulled all changes from the repository.
- Update all changes to items based on the repo changes.
- Modify the
Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs- to sync with the released version number & rebuild.
- Modify the
Internal/PowerShell Extensions Maintenance/Prepare Console Distributionto include the new version release date & the bitly link.
- Run the script to build and download the package.
- Serialize all changes using the:
Platform/Development/Internal/PowerShell Extensions Maintenance/Serialize Changes
- Put the package in the
- Commit all changes and push to GitHub.
- Draft & Publish a GitHub release
- Upload the package to Marketplace
- Update the release notes on marketplace. Documentation tab Release notes section. Including version major changes and link to issues.
- Oh and don't forget to submit the module for moderation on the Marketplace.
OK.. it's a nightmare...