#General Application Framework is dead! Actually it is all developers' dream including myself. But eventually I figure out it is not possible, at least, it is not the proper way to compose a General Application Framework at first place.A example is CSLA which IS nice one, and I learned from it lots. But itis not perfect for me to create my own project base on it. DotNetNuke is another success project for sure. But first, it is not framework, it is more Application Platform or just an application, a CMS application.
OK, so why I still state 'eLiteWeb is a extreme lightweight web "framework".'
- It is "private" framework, your every project can have one, don't have to maintain a "consistent" framework cross your company.
- Acutally it is more domonstration of framework, you can customize it to fit your need. The purpose of open source, right?
As a domonstration, for examples, when we are learning
- we are wondering waht is Dependency Inject look like
- we are wondering what is Repository look like
- I am trying apply DDD concept and leverage DI, FrontController patterns to maximize performance and productivity.
- Also as a domonstration, I'd like to drive the framework by a real project HelpCenter.
Finialy, here is another domonstrated item
- CI server: http://teamcity.codebetter.com/project.html?projectId=project287&tab=projectOverview
- Project management: http://skight.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issues/LW
Any one interested in the project, please let me know mailto:HaoWang@skight.ca