What is this repository for?
An open source and free-to-use weather system package for Unity produced as an undergraduate dissertation piece.
- Provides procedural and manually curated weather events. In procedural mode the weather is changable across the game world at any given instance.
- Provides a queryable interface for further customisation based on weather intensity, temperature and humidity for any given location in the game world. Also includes various delegate callbacks on key events;
- Follows OOP principles to allow for custom extensions and modification and deals with weather in a generic way to allow for any weather type to be added.
- Includes example code and documentation.
- Is fully open source under the MIT licence (see below).
- Unity 2017.3 Project (Although use with other versions has been successful so worth testing irrelevant of Unity version)
Or if you just want the code documentation then that can be found here
- Check if an issue already exists for your problem, if not open a new issue. Please be as descriptive as possible.
- Pull requests and forks welcome.
The code in this repository, unless otherwise stated, is distributed under the MIT Licence:
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.