ReadyAPI Plugin Development Kit
Here you'll find everything needed to get started with building plugins for SmartBear's ReadyAPI Platform.
- Go to http://readyapi.smartbear.com/dev/start for documentation, samples, etc
- Check out and build this project locally (with
mvn install) to get access to the maven archetype and plugin template for getting started quickly with building plugins.
We've also included documentation on how to build different plugin components.
- Actions - how to add menu and toolbar items
- Listeners - how to handle events occurring during the usage of ReadyAPI, for example test-executions, project changes, etc.
- Import and Discovery methods - how to add new ways of creating ReadyAPI projects from external data
And some general guidelines for ReadyAPI plugin development.
If you're looking for some specific content - please don't hesitate to open an issue!
Many of the existing plugins are open-sourced here at GitHub and make use of the above outlined extension points and concepts. Have a look at them to get an understanding of how to add similar features to your plugins:
- Swagger Plugin Adds functionality for importing and exporting Swagger definitions to/from REST APIs,
- RAML Plugin Adds functionality for importing and exporting RAML definitions to/from REST APIs. Also has an action to browser the Mulesoft ApiHub API directory and import API definitions directly from there.
- API Blueprint Plugin Adds functionality for importing and exporting API-Blueprint definitions to/from REST APIs.
- Groovy Console Plugin Adds an interactive Groovy Console for trying out groovy scripts dynamically within ReadyAPI
- 3Scale Plugin Allows you to import APIs directly from a 3Scale hosted developer portal.