This is a mandatory update for SmartNodes, Pools, Exchanges, and Users by October 4th.
Updates in this release:
-- SmartRewards increase from 60% of block rewards to 89% of block rewards
-- SuperRewards minimum reduced to 100K Smart
-- TermRewards expire on October 4th. All users activating until then will be paid with future locked payments, similar to the last round
-- Mining update to maintain shortest blocktime of 10 seconds to help with SmartNode transaction syncing
SmartNodes will require a restart from local wallet after updating. Electrum 5.0.2 or 2.1.0 Node client required for local starting.
This release is optional and is needed to show TermRewards correctly on the TermRewards tab. Exchanges and users without TermRewards do no need to update.
- .All TermRewards made before block 2260000 have been paid.
- This release shows TermRewards as paid when all future payments have been paid.
- The "TermRewards List" command now displays expired time as 0 for paid entries.
For users upgrading that have TermRewards, you need to reindex for the TermRewards tab to display correctly. SmartNodes can update and reindex to get the TermRewards list call to display correctly, but it is not required to continue to be paid.
This release lowers the amount required for TermRewards and SmartRetire to 101k or above.
The SmartNode and SmartRetire tabs have been changed to be more clear.
This release is only required for those wanting to use the lower amount for TermRewards or SmartRetire. Exchanges, Pools, and SmartNodes are not required to update.
This release is optional. Users creating TermRewards or SmartRetire transactions should update to this release. Old versions can allow a niche case allowing an invalid TermRewards or SmartRetire transaction. Current TermRewards and SmartRetire transactions are not affected.
SAPI Call Changes
- blockchain/supply (new call)
- address/mempool (new call)
- address/transaction (added mempool to list)
- smartnode/roi (updated to accurately calculate values)
- Fixed an invalid script address created for SmartRetire.
- Removed ability to create addresses that don't comply with SmartRetire/TermRewards.
This release is optional for all users. This is recommended for SmartNodes that have had issues keeping their node ENABLED. This release is required for users to see their TermRewards in node wallet tab. A reindex is needed to show previous TermRewards transacitons.
- TermRewards/SmartRetire updated to show TermRewards list on rpc and SAPI calls
- TermRewards/SmartRetire locktime corrected to match 1year/2year/3year/15year times.
- LockTime menu removed from receive tab to avoid time offset if using with TermRewards.
- LockTime menu now shows during first sync.
- SmartNode SAPI check now attempts to check twice before giving an invalid ping
- Old version SmartNodes are removed from the SmartNode list
For SmartNodes install/upgrade with this script. Ports 9678 and 8080 must be open. Smartnodes require 40GB of space(about 30gb is used now) and 4gb of ram+swap.
If your node is stuck.
./smartcash-cli reconsiderblock $(./smartcash-cli getblockhash $(./smartcash-cli getblockcount))
./smartcash-cli stop && sleep 20 && ./smartcashd
If that doesn't work run this and expect it to take 2 hours.
./smartcash-cli stop && sleep 20 && ./smartcashd -reindex
Fixes syncing issues with wallets that didn't start with full blocks. This version will also avoid future syncing problems and is recommended for all users and exchanges.
Smartnodes can run this to get unstuck.
./smartcash-cli reconsiderblock $(./smartcash-cli getblockhash 2025813)
Desktops or wallets that restarted may get stuck on another block replace above with latest block from getinfo.
Or in QT got to help-debug-console
getblockhash block no
If that fails start with ./smartcashd -reindex or use the reindex on the wallet tools tab in help-debug.
This release fixes issues with nodes syncing on network. Mandatory for all users, exchanges, and SmartNodes. This update does not need a reindex if previously updated to 2.0.0.
This release updates the protocol for SmartNodes so a new start will be required from local wallet.
Electrum users please update to the 5.0.2 version to start SmartNodes.
This release adds the long awaited TermRewards and SmartRetire features. This is a mandatory update for SmartNodes, exchanges, and wallets.
For updating the wallet will force a reindex on startup automatically. It is normal for this take take an hour.
For new SmartNodes use the script here to setup the config file and give some instructions after it runs.
For a SmartNode update, you will need to issue a start alias from your local wallet. If the start doesn't work, create a new smartnode entry on the smartnode tab on your local wallet and update that new smartnodeprivkey on your vps in the smartcash.conf file.
This is a major release with the following changes:
- Speed improvements using modern CPU extensions
- Rewards database structure speed improvements.
- Added TermRewards and SmartRetire database and wallet tab
- SmartRewards tab improvements
- Added warning on console tab to avoid sharing keys
- Cleaned up rewards calculation and validation rules
- Mining validation improved
- SAPI calls added for termrewards, smartnode/roi, and smartrewards/roi
- SAPI calls added to sort out locked inputs for unspent call.
- SAPI call for transactions compatible with block explorer and SmartHub.
- SmartRewards no longer paid to timelocked addresses
- SmartNodes now required to enable SAPI and have port 8080 open to be paid.
- Smartnodes are paid 5x more than before but paid 1/5th as often. Expected payment interval is now about 3 days.
- Activation transactions limited to 100 inputs
- CoinControl now selects a maximum of 500 inputs
- Fixed reindex option on QT tools tab.
- Reindex now recreates rewards.
- OP_Return increased to 10,000 characters.
- Litemode has less block procesingg.
- Invalidateblock is now usable with debugging removed.
- Fixed memory leak in voting manager
- Getbalance has option to not select timelocked inputs.
- Useavailable button doesn't select timelocked inputs.
- Increase default minimum confirmations to 2 with commandline sending.
Now the non SmartNode wallets can run with litemode=1 to reduce syncing time.