Welcome to the Mobile Secure Browser (MSB) Project for Android
The Mobile Secure Browser for Android ensures a common, secure online testing experience by preventing users from switching to other applications and from performing certain hardware actions such as taking screenshots.
This project is licensed under a variety of licenses as documented in the source code.
We would be happy to receive feedback on its capabilities, problems, or future enhancements:
- For general questions or discussions, including bugs or enhancements, please use the Forum.
- Feel free to Fork this project and develop your changes!
- Install Eclipse for Java Developers with latest Android SDK.
- For Android SDK, download [Android studio] (https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) and add SDK packages.
- Keep track of the path to your SDK files, as it will be required later by Eclipse.
- Clone the source code from this project and import it into Eclipse:
- File → Import → General → Existing Projects into Workspace → Next
- Select root directory: /path/to/project
- Projects → Select All
- Uncheck Copy projects into workspace and Add project to working sets
- Change the package name and refactor all code to reflect this change (Eclipse can help you do this).
- Create a directory tree at the root level of the repository named
- Follow the Android process for signing your app and creating a keystore.
- Create a keystore named
keystoreand place it in
- In order to differentiate your app from the official app, change its package name. The package name is a string that uniquely identifies each app on the Google Play Store, and is included in the file
- Build the project
- Choose the project In “Package Explorer”, and then Click “Project” -> “Build Project”. Make sure there are no compile errors.
- Note: Sometimes if all the packages are not downloaded correctly, you'll see "project is missing required source folder 'gen'", so make sure you install all the Google APIs. Make sure your "src" folder comes before the "gen" folder. Make sure you always clean your project before you build it.
- Export the project to apk file. An apk file is the application file to install an application on any Android devices. To create an apk file, follow these steps:
- Right click the project, then choose “Export…”, in export destination, choose “Android”->”Export Android Application”
- Click “next” and then choose the project
- Specify the keystore and password.
- Enter the key alias, use the same keystore and password as in the previous step
- Specify the folder and the name of the apk file, and press “finish” to complete this procedure (an apk file should be created).