Welcome to the Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) Simulator Project
The web simulator allows authorized users to configure and simulate tests for a specified number of times on specified number of opportunities. This software provides a web interface to configure and manage simulations and run simulations asynchronously by spawning worker threads.
This project is licensed under the AIR Open Source License v1.0.
We would be happy to receive feedback on its capabilities, problems, or future enhancements:
- For general questions or discussions, please use the Forum.
- Feel free to Fork this project and develop your changes!
Following are the modules which make up the simulator.
Allows transfer of data between UI and services using JSON format
Model classes to pass around data
Business layer which allows tasks to be performed on the service components or beans
This is the work horse module of the simulator spawning necessary threads, iterating and doing the simulation for specified number of times on opportunities
This module provides abstractions around session and itembank databases to give necessary data services.
- Do not install the Simulator at the root directory of your server
- Setup the necessary itembank, config and session MySQL databases for simulation
- Load test packages necessary for simulation into the itembank
- User need to have an account to run simulations. Accounts are created by authorized users in the session database used for simulation.
- Change the settings.xml in tds.websim.web.ui module to specify the itembank, config and session databases to be used with the simulator and the database credentials
Build order is already setup in the checked-in pom files
Compile Time Dependencies