- Clone or download this repository into C:/Users/your username/Documents/maya/your version/modules. For example mine is in C:/Users/Nelson/Documents/maya/2018/modules. If done correctly the icons, plug-ins and scripts folders should be in the U4 folder inside the modules folder.
- Move the U4.mod file up one level into the modules folder.
- Start Maya and open the Plug-in Manager under Windows -> Settings/Preferences. Navigate to U4_Plugin.py and click the checkmark next to Loaded and Auto load.
- Context-sensitive marking menu when pressing Alt + Right Mouse.
- Several rebindable marking menus in the Hotkey Editor under Custom Scripts > U4.
- Context-sensitive snapping menu. By default this overrides the X hotkey with X + Left Mouse.
- Download the latest Maya devkit. Most recently the link was here: https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/maya
- Replace the devkit folder in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018 with the devkit folder from the download.
- Add Reference Folder to devkit/other/pymel/extras/completion/py
- Call U4_Utils.setIsDev(True) to enable some extra debug tools.