Simple down is a clean and simple markdown editor for the web.
You can read more about why I built this here.
Simpledown was built based off an example for
Vue.js*, and features Marked.js and Solid.
update 1.2 Release Notes.
- Dark Mode!
- Vim Mode!
- Switched font to Roboto Mono
- Previously, when saving a markdown or html file, it would save as untitled. Now it prompts the user for a name.
update 1.1 Release Notes.
- Added Syntax highlighting in the editor window. (for headings and html)
- Added export HTML
- Added some new shit
- I can't even remember what I've changed.
- I stopped using Vue I think?
- ctrl-alt-shift (cmd-alt-shift) now brings up save menu.
pullquotes work better (aka they actually work)
- It now immediately focuses on the editor when you bring it up.
- It automatically saves your shit for you.
- removed option to download as any extension, changed it to only download as markdown, keeping things simple.
- the key to success is to have emoji support
inline code looks a bit prettier
- tab support, cause some guy on reddit asked for it.
- drag and drop files to the app should open them?
- You should be able to share the URL and have the receiver view your notes. keyword: SHOULD.
- Save to Dropbox (yes, still.)
A huge thank you to jbt.
My goal for Simpledown is to be a place you can easily just get to and start writing. No logins, no syncing, no backend. If that is something you want, I would recommend Draft.
Version 1 of Simpledown used Vue.js, but I have since replaced it with Vanilla JS and some extensions.