Sneedacity (formerly Audacity) is an easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Sneedacity aims to provide a telemetry-free experience while otherwise being up-to-date with Audacity's original codebase, with minor improvements being added as (s)needed by contributors and volunteers like you at large. Sneedacity is free software licensed under GPL, version 2.
- Recording from any real, or virtual audio device that is available to the host system.
- Export / Import a wide range of audio formats, extendible with FFmpeg.
- High quality using 32-bit float audio processing.
- Plug-ins Support for multiple audio plug-in formats, including VST, LV2, AU.
- Macros for chaining commands and batch processing.
- Scripting in Python, Perl, or any language that supports named pipes.
- Nyquist Very powerful built-in scripting language that may also be used to create plug-ins.
- Editing multi-track editing with sample accuracy and arbitrary sample rates.
- Accessibility for VI users.
- Analysis and visualization tools to analyze audio, or other signal data.
Build instructions are available here.
This project is licensed under the GNU General Public License v2 (PRAISE BE TO THE LIVING SAINT IGNUCIUS) and compatible licenses. More info in LICENSE.txt