- SoftEther VPN
- BOARD MEMBERS OF THIS REPOSITORY
- SOFTETHER VPN ADVANTAGES
- TO CIRCUMVENT YOUR GOVERNMENT'S FIREWALL RESTRICTION
- SOURCE CODE CONTRIBUTION
- DEAR SECURITY EXPERTS
SoftEther VPN (Developer Edition Master Repository)
- An Open-Source Cross-platform Multi-protocol VPN Program http://www.softether.org/
This repository has experimental codes. Pull requests are welcome.
Stable Edition is available on https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN_Stable which the non-developer user can stable use.
Source code packages (.zip and .tar.gz) and binary files of Stable Edition are also available:
We accept your patches by the acceptance policy: http://www.softether.org/5-download/src/9.patch
Copyright (c) SoftEther Project at University of Tsukuba, Japan.
The development of SoftEther VPN was supported by the MITOH Project, a research and development project by Japanese Government, subsidized by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan, administrated by Information Promotion Agency. https://www.ipa.go.jp/english/humandev/
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
SoftEther VPN ("SoftEther" means "Software Ethernet") is one of the world's most powerful and easy-to-use multi-protocol VPN software.
SoftEther VPN runs on Windows, Linux, Mac, FreeBSD and Solaris.
SoftEther VPN supports most of widely-used VPN protocols including SSL-VPN, OpenVPN, IPsec, L2TP, MS-SSTP, L2TPv3 and EtherIP by the single SoftEther VPN Server program.
More details on http://www.softether.org/.
BOARD MEMBERS OF THIS REPOSITORY
Daiyuu Nobori (Since Jan 2, 2014) https://github.com/dnobori
Moataz Elmasry (Since Nov 6, 2017) https://github.com/moatazelmasry2
Zulyandri Zardi (Since Nov 6, 2017) https://github.com/zulzardi
Alex Maslakov (Since Nov 6, 2017) https://github.com/GildedHonour
Davide Beatrici (Since Jul 21, 2018) https://github.com/davidebeatrici
Ilya Shipitsin (Since Jul 21, 2018) https://github.com/chipitsine
SOFTETHER VPN ADVANTAGES
- Supporting all popular VPN protocols by the single VPN server: SSL-VPN (HTTPS) OpenVPN IPsec L2TP MS-SSTP L2TPv3 EtherIP
- Free and open-source software.
- Easy to establish both remote-access and site-to-site VPN.
- SSL-VPN Tunneling on HTTPS to pass through NATs and firewalls.
- Revolutionary VPN over ICMP and VPN over DNS features.
- Resistance to highly-restricted firewall.
- Ethernet-bridging (L2) and IP-routing (L3) over VPN.
- Embedded dynamic-DNS and NAT-traversal so that no static nor fixed IP address is required.
- AES 256-bit and RSA 4096-bit encryptions.
- Sufficient security features such as logging and firewall inner VPN tunnel.
- User authentication with RADIUS and NT domain controllers.
- User authentication with X.509 client certificate.
- Packet logging.
- 1Gbps-class high-speed throughput performance with low memory and CPU usage.
- Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone are supported.
- The OpenVPN clone function supports legacy OpenVPN clients.
- IPv4 / IPv6 dual-stack.
- The VPN server runs on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and Mac OS X.
- Configure All settings on GUI.
- Multi-languages (English, Japanese and Simplified-Chinese).
- No memory leaks. High quality stable codes, intended for long-term runs. We always verify that there are no memory or resource leaks before releasing the build.
- More details at http://www.softether.org/.
From binary installers:
Those can be found under http://www.softether-download.com/ There you can also find SoftEtherVPN source code in zip and tar formats.
Build from Source code
There are two flavours of SoftEtherVPN source code:
- Unstable. Found under https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN
- Stable. Found under https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN_Stable
TO CIRCUMVENT YOUR GOVERNMENT'S FIREWALL RESTRICTION
Because SoftEther VPN is overly strong tool to build a VPN tunnel, some censorship governments want to block your access to the source code of SoftEther VPN, by abusing their censorship firewalls.
To circumvent your censor's unjust restriction, SoftEther VPN Project distributes the up-to-date source-code on all the following open-source repositories:
$ git clone https://github.com/SoftEtherVPN/SoftEtherVPN.git
- GitLab (mirrored from GitHub) https://gitlab.com/SoftEther/SoftEtherVPN/
$ git clone https://gitlab.com/SoftEther/SoftEtherVPN.git
We hope that you can reach one of the above URLs at least!
SOURCE CODE CONTRIBUTION
Your contribution to SoftEther VPN Project is much appreciated. Please send patches to us through GitHub. Read the SoftEther VPN Patch Acceptance Policy in advance: http://www.softether.org/5-download/src/9.patch
DEAR SECURITY EXPERTS
If you find a bug or a security vulnerability please kindly inform us about the problem immediately so that we can fix the security problem to protect a lot of users around the world as soon as possible.
Our e-mail address for security reports is: softether-vpn-security at softether.org
Please note that the above e-mail address is not a technical support inquiry address. If you need technical assistance, please visit http://www.softether.org/ and ask your question on the users forum.