Getting Started Examples
The "Getting Started" tutorials will get you up to speed and sending messages with Solace technology as quickly as possible. There are three ways you can get started:
- Follow these instructions to quickly spin up a cloud-based Solace messaging service for your applications.
- Follow these instructions to start the Solace VMR in leading Clouds, Container Platforms or Hypervisors. The tutorials outline where to download and how to install the Solace VMR.
- If your company has Solace message routers deployed, contact your middleware team to obtain the host name or IP address of a Solace message router to test against, a username and password to access it, and a VPN in which you can produce and consume messages.
This repository contains:
Code and matching tutorial walk throughs for five different basic Solace messaging patterns. For a nice introduction to the Solace API and associated tutorials, check out the tutorials home page.
See the individual tutorials for details:
- Publish/Subscribe: Learn how to set up pub/sub messaging on a Solace VMR.
- Persistence: Learn how to set up persistence for guaranteed delivery.
- Request/Reply: Learn how to set up request/reply messaging.
- Confirmed Delivery: Learn how to confirm that your messages are received by a Solace message router.
- Topic to Queue Mapping: Learn how to map existing topics to Solace queues.
The following additional samples showing how to make use of advanced features of the Solace message router.
- Secure Session: Learn how to use secure connection to the server and server and client certificate authentication.
- Active Consumer Indication: Learn how multiple consumers can bind to an exclusive queue, but only one client at a time can actively receive messages.
- Durable Topic Endpoint Consumer: Learn how to consume messages from a Durable Topic Endpoint (DTE).
- Event Monitor: Learn how to monitor message router generated events.
- GuaranteedRequestor/Replier: Learn how to set up guaranteed request/reply messaging.
- NoLocal Pub-Sub: Learn how to prevent messages published on a session or consumer received on that same session or consumer.
- Message Replay: Learn how to initiate and process the replay of previously published messages, as well as deal with an externally initiated replay.
To check out the project, clone this GitHub repository:
Note: the code in the
lib directory containing the API libraries will be installed in the current
cp -R <path_to_unzipped_API_distribution_package>/lib/ .
Running the Samples
The samples are found in the
src/features directories. Each sample is in it's own subdirectory. Within each sample subdirectory there is an html file which you load to launch the sample.
For example the
TopicPublisher is found here:
And it is launched by running the following in your browser:
See the tutorials for more details.
Please read CONTRIBUTING.md for details on our code of conduct, and the process for submitting pull requests to us.
See the list of contributors who participated in this project.
This project is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. - See the LICENSE file for details.
For more information try these resources: