HnD is a Customer Support system, integrating helpdesk features and forums, and was built as an example of what you can do with LLBLGen Pro.
HnD stands for Help and Discuss and is running on .NET 2.0+ with 100% LLBLGen Pro code. It offers site owners a flexible and fast customer support system with, among other features: email notification, attachments, secure forums so only the topicstarter and people with a given action right can see / access the thread, print-specific view of a thread, search etc. etc. It's open source and you can download it for free.
- ASP.NET 2.0+
- SQL Server 2000 or higher / CE Desktop 3.5
- .NET 3.5+
Development requires VS.NET 2010 or later. To generate the data-access code, you need LLBLGen Pro v3.x or later
- Unlimited forums can be organised into as many sections as you like.
- Both public and private forums and those only for specified user groups.
- Queueing facility for support teams, enabling claiming questions and moving threads between queues.
- Attachment approval system for moderators.
- Editing all messages, editing thread properties and closing and moving threads for moderators.
- Powerful search facility.
- Message formatting with various font styles and sizes as well as allowing quoting, code display, attachments and automatic URL linking.
- Email notification of replies to your topics.
- Secure forum, user and group permission management.
- Allow limited access to viewing, posting, replying, marking threads as 'done', thread memos and many other options.
- Unlimited members.
- Personal profile creation and management.
- Administration centre with forum and section setup, complete group and member management, extensive ban management, support queue management, role management, mass emailing of groups and users by the administrator and many other options.
- Complete control of fonts and colours with cascading style sheets (CSS).
- Open source, so changes and additions can be easily implemented.
How to use it / install it, see the 'Docs' folder. To see it in action, go to http://www.llblgen.com/tinyforum.