Convert Hex colours to float colours and vice versa.
Download the source code as zip file or clone this repository to save the source codes and included files.
Extract the zip file.
main.rbfile with Ruby interpreter.
Running the main.rb will bring up a window. You can type a hex value on the top box, or you can type floating RGB value in the boxes on the 2nd row. The bg will change accordingly.
Note that, on the Floating RGB boxes, you can't type a value more than 1. You can type 0.01234 but not 1.0001 - which will reset the value to 1.
You can't type any letter on the hex box. The hex box will only accept input from 0 to 9 and a to f.
- Backspace to clear the last character of the colour.
- Escape / P / Q Exits the colour converter.
- R selects a random colour.
- S saves the current colour to a file.
- T clears the current colour.
Hovering the mouse either on the hex box or on the RGB boxes will let you type in the box.
To press on the on-screen buttons, you can left click, middle click or right click your mouse. The available buttons are:
- Clear will clear the current colour (equivalent to pressing T).
- Random! will give you another random colour (equivalent to pressing R).
- Save will save your current colour to a file (equivalent to pressing S).
- Exit will simply exit the app (equivalent to pressing Escape / P / Q).
If you find any bug 🐛, please let me know via or email me firstname.lastname@example.org