Running the Source Code
How to Play
- You first have to look at the Card. And see if the card matches the previous card.
- There are a YES and a NO button. Press YES if the currently shown card matches the previous card, otherwise Press NO.
- Speed Match has 45 seconds time limit.
- You have to try to get most of the response right. Answering right in a row will give you more and more bonus for each response. Responding wrong will take away all your streak.
The game can be played both with the mouse and the keyboard (no joystick support yet)
- To trigger YES button, press the left key, a key, 1 key or j key
- To trigger NO button, press right key, d key, 3 key or ; key
- To trigger Pause/Play button, press space key, escape key or f key.
Mouse and On-screen Buttons
While the Game is Not Paused
- Press any of the mouse buttons (primary, middle, left) on YES or NO will trigger YES or NO respectively.
- Press any of the mouse buttons (primary, middle, left) on the Pause button to pause the game.
While the Game is Paused
- Press the Big Play button, small Play button, the Play text or the Play/Pause button to start playing.
- Press the bulb icon to get statistics, and learn more about the game.
- Press the Reset button to restart the game.
- Press the Power button to exit the game.
There are two windows:
- The main.rb file opens the game.
- The stats.rb file opens your performance records.
- As discussed in the "Mouse and On-screen Buttons" section, you can click on the Bulb icon while the game is paused to see your performance records.
After launching main.rb, and playing until timeout (45 seconds), your score will be written to ./data/data file as a hexadecimal value. The stats.rb file reads the ./data/data file and converts it back to decimal.
It is to be noted that the stats.rb is not based on real-life mental tests. Any contribution is welcomed.
If you find any bug (which will be always caught