Exodus Data Management Service
Exodus Data Management by Soverance Studios is a Windows Service built with .NET and PowerShell, designed to automate data redundancy and backups within enterprise network environments.
- Hyper-V Cluster Backup to network shares
- File Share mirroring with RoboCopy
All documentation has been moved to the wiki: Exodus Documentation
The Exodus project was born from my desire to have what I call a "one-touch ad-hoc" backup process of all our critical data at Soverance Studios. This project would have to meet the following requirements:
- Designed for Small Business - I wanted it to be familiar to install and manage in a Microsoft-based corporate domain network
- Easy to use - I wanted the backup process to be fully automated and require little effort; "starting at the press of a button".
- Full scope - I wanted the backup process to encompass the complete environment of the average small business, and all of the critical data contained within.
- Free and secure - I wanted the backup process to utilize native, built-in methods for moving data around the network in order to minimize cost, improve security, and reduce dependencies on third parties.
- Open source - I wanted the software to be open source, in order to provide transparancy, security, and community involvement.
Please feel free to suggest feature updates, improvements, or even submit pull requests!