Lunar Unity Mobile Console
Asset store links:
- PRO: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/lunar-mobile-console-pro-43800
- FREE: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/lunar-mobile-console-free-82881
Requires Unity 5.2 or later.
iOS demo app:
coming soon Apple forbids any kind of demos on the AppStore. Investigating...
Android demo app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spacemadness.LunarConsole
If you enjoy using the plugin - please, rate and review on the Asset Store!
Table of Contents
The project goal is to build a high-performance and lightweight Unity native iOS/Android console for ease of testing and debugging.
- Check Official Wiki for additional information, troubleshooting and guides.
- Visit Unity Forums Thread for discussions and general questions.
- iOS: requires iOS 8 or later
- Android: requires API Level 14 or later
- Native C/Objective-C/Java code with a low memory footprint.
- Works well with huge logs amount (up to 65536 entries).
- Completely built with native iOS/Android UI (does NOT rely on Unity GUI).
- Resolution independent (looks great on highres/retina displays).
- Does NOT modify scenes and does NOT add new assets.
- Removes completely from the release build with a single mouse click or from command line (absolutely NO traces left).
- Instant error notification (never miss an unhandled exception again):
Unity Editor Menu: Window
▶Lunar Mobile Console ▶Install...
LunarConsol.prefab(Assets/LunarConsole/Scripts/LunarConsole.prefab) into your current scene hierarchy and save your changes. You only need to do it once for your startup scene.
You can open the console with a multi touch gesture or using the API call from a script (see API Guide for details).
LunarConsolegame object in the
Lunar Consolescript settings in the
- Set the capacity (the maximum number of lines the console can hold). It's advised to keep this amount low (the more you have - the more memory it will take).
- Set the trim amount (how many lines will be removed from the beginning of the log when console overflows).
- Choose a gesture from the drop down list or select
Noneto completely disable multi touch gestures (you would still be able to open the console from your scripts).
- Check "Remove Rich Text Tags" to remove rich text tags from the output (may cause performance overhead).
User-Defined Actions and Variables (only available in PRO version)
For more information on Actions and Variables check the user guide.
Stack Trace Frames
Touch the log entry to view its stack trace.
Important: make sure to properly configure your build settings (File
- iOS: check the "Development Build" checkbox
- Android: check the "Development Build" checkbox
For more info see: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PublishingBuilds.html
If Lunar Mobile Console is
- enabled - the plugin files would appear in your iOS/Android build: you can access the console with a multi touch gesture or from a script.
- disabled - the plugin files would NOT appear in your iOS/Android build: you can't access the console (multi touch gestures or API calls would be ignored).
▶Lunar Mobile Console ▶Disable
▶Lunar Mobile Console ▶Enable
Important: make sure to "replace" your generated Xcode project whenever you switch the plugin from enabled to disabled (or back). Failing to do so may lead to an unexpected result!
For more detailed information check Wiki page: Enabling and Disabling Lunar Mobile Console.
Unity Cloud Build Support
Lunar Mobile Console is fully compatible with Unity Cloud Build.
- For more information check the user guide
- For Cloud Build related issues check the troubleshooting guide
Build System Support
You can enable/disable the plugin from the command line (and make it a part of your build process)
- To disable:
<UNITY_BIN_PATH> -quit -batchmode -executeMethod LunarConsoleEditorInternal.Installer.DisablePlugin
- To enable:
<UNITY_BIN_PATH> -quit -batchmode -executeMethod LunarConsoleEditorInternal.Installer.EnablePlugin
- Mac OS X:
- Linux: TBD
Note: if you're using Lunar Mobile Console older than v0.8.0 (v0.0.1b-v0.7.1) you would need to use
Check for Updates
For anything else: email@example.com
- Twitter: @LunarPlugin
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/LunarPlugin
- Unity Forums Thread: [Lunar Mobile Console] High-performance Unity iOS/Android logger built with native platform UI