A categorized community-driven collection of awesome Spark AR resources, assets, projects, and resources. Spark AR is an augmented reality platform for Mac & Windows that allows you to create AR effects for Instagram and Facebook. Free assets and resources are prioritized over paid when possible.
Suggestions and contributions are always welcome! Make sure to read the contribution guidelines for more information before submitting a pull request.
- Official Software Resources
- Example Projects
- Miscellaneous Resources and Collections
Official Software Resources
- Spark AR Facebook Community - The official Spark AR Community forum. Used for finding inspiration, see examples, get support, and share your work with a network of creators.
- Spark AR Hub - Spark AR Hub is the product creators use to publish, manage, track and understand the performance of their AR effects.
- Spark AR Website - The official website for Spark AR Studio. The software can be downloaded here.
- Catalyst's Beginners playlist - A series of growing Spark AR guides and tutorials designed for those who may have never explored Augmented Reality before.
- Josh Beckwith's LUT Tutorials - A playlist of tutorials about using Lookup Tables (LUTs) in Spark AR.
- Patch of The Week by Udart - Every week Udart takes an in depth look at a patch. Some of the patches are built in, some are available for free download.
- Perlin Noise and Distortion in Spark AR - Learn how to apply a Perlin noise trick to distort images.
- How to add instructions to an Instagram Filter - Using the Patch Editor to control Instructions within an effect.
- Recreating Cigarette Heaven Using Particle Systems in Spark AR Studio.
- Revisiting the Banksy Artwork Shredder in Spark AR - An introduction to the Patch Editor for creating a Banksy Artwork Shredder effect.
- Tips on Integrating Music Into Spark AR Instagram Effects - Adding audio to filters can be tricky. This article covers the limitations and rules of adding audio to effects.
- Toggle Object Visibility with Native UI Picker - Using Native UI Picker to toggle visibility of object For Instagram Filters with scripts.
- Super Sunday Spark Streams - Streams where Mate Setinforth with guests cover subjects as shaders, scripting, AR creativity, etc.
- Old Official Templates Updated for v85 - v85 had a breaking change making some of the old official templates not work. This contains these templates updated for latest API including neck bending, joint handeling, etc.
- What-Am-I-Randomizer Filter - This repository includes examples of What Am I" or "Which _____ Am I" or "What _______ Are You" filters.
- Black Lives Matter - A template to be used and shared in support of the silence of racism and specifically highlighting, supporting, and uplifting the lives of people of color around the world.
- GalleryTexture - A boilerplate for new users or non-scripters to start using Spark AR's Gallery Texture feature for their Instagram effects.
- Native UI Slider - A boilerplate for new users or non-scripters to start using Spark AR's NativeUI Slider for their effects.
- Melting Face Effect - A detailed project showing how to achieve a melting effect with UV coordinates.
- Lut Patch - Color adjustment patches for Spark AR.
- Fit2Screen - Scale a plane to fit the screen.
- Fit2Rect - Fit any texture into a rectangle of any size.
- Convolution - Convolution and other super-patches (blur, sharpen).
- Selective Color - Allows for the editing of specific hues separately.
- Easy Gradient - Create multi-dimensional gradients in the patch editor.
- Reflective Glass Shader Patch - Reflective Glass shader offers the unique possibility to render transparent objects in Spark AR with distortion and dispersion. It even renders reflection, taking the camera texture into account.
- Spark AR Snippets - A collection of useful code snippets that have been shared in the Spark AR Community Facebook group.
- FilterSettings - A wrapper for controlling multiple settings with a slider in SparkAR.
- PFTween - A wrapped Spark AR animation tool.
- Particle - A wrapped tool for controlling emitters.
- AssetsLoader - Helper function for loading objects, materials, and textures.
- Get Texture Based On User Language - Use different textures based on the user's language preferences.
- Gradient Step to Easily Create Color Ramps - Create gradients with the a similar theory used in Photoshop.
Miscellaneous Resources and Collections
- Spark AR Github Community Organization - This github organization is used for maintaining example projects and Spark AR releated scripts.
- Scripting Reference GitBook - Alternative and better indexed version of the official script object reference.
- Spark AR TV - A categorized collection of Spark AR video tutorials.