Use SparkPost emails right from your WordPress site.
- Download the plugin from WordPress's plugins repository.
- Upload to plugins directory of your WordPress installation which, usually, is
- Activate the plugin from admin panel.
- From your WordPress site's admin panel go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Enter sparkpost in Search Plugins text field and hit Enter.
- It should show pluging titled SparkPost SMTP. Click Install Now button.
- In next page, upon successful downloading click Activate Plugin.
Once plugin is installed, you need some quick but important configuration. Click SparkPost SMTP from Settings menu
- In the form put SparkPost API key, sender name and email.
- Click Save Changes
From Test Email section, try sending a test email to yourself to make sure the credentials are working fine.
- Install WordPress
- Clone this repository to the WordPress plugins directory:
git clone email@example.com:SparkPost/wordpress-sparkpost.git ~/src/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-sparkpost
- Activate the plugin from admin panel
- Make sure you're using PHP 5.6 or above.
- Go to
- Install test files by running
bash bin/install-wp-tests.sh wordpress_test root '' localhost latest(Try
localhostif you're getting error). Details on wp-cli.org.
- Install composer
composer installto install required packages.
- To run tests, run
- Add your tests in
tests/specsdirectory. Upon pushing the branch, Travis will automatically run it and generate reports (tests and coverage).
- Create a branch off master:
git checkout -b bump
- Update the version in plugin meta and
WPSP_PLUGIN_VERSIONconstant in wordpress-sparkpost.php
- Update the version and change log in readme.txt
- Commit the changes and push the branch
- Create a pull request
- Once the pull request is merged, run