Live Webpage: http://spaxe.github.io/roguelike-universe/
Author: Xavier Ho email@example.com
For Mac OS X and Linux:
- Download NodeJS in your development machine.
npm install -g npm. This guide is your friend.
- Install task runner by
npm install -g bash-task-runner.
- (Mac OS X only): Install homebrew following the guide on the site.
- Make sure you have
brew install bash coreutils autossh
- Test the task runner by running
- Set up SSH access to the database machine. For now you have to ask me.
- Start SSL tunneling in your development machine so you can access the database:
- Now you should be able to access to database admin panel at http://localhost:8004.
- Start local server in your development machine:
- Your server is live at http://localhost:8002, useful if you need to test its REST API.
- Start local client in your development machine:
- You should be able to see a local version of the site at http://localhost:8003. Enjoy.
This folder contains a list of roguelike games, video games, and their metadata. There are also web-scraped text about the games themselves from interviews, postmortems, devblogs, and game journals. Some files are generated by the Python scripts written in
data: Contains collecdted datasets.
generated: Contains calculated or generated datasets.
List of data elements
*: generated data ---- + A list of video games (43,805 entries) + A list of roguelike games (137 entries) + Games - title - year - publisher - platforms - setting - website URLs * - descriptive content * - relations * descriptions ------------ * website URLs (0 or more per roguelike game) - generated by searching for quoted full game title + "developer", "interview", "postmortem" * descriptive content (0 or more entries per roguelike game) - body of the article scraped sans comments, forums, sidebars - articles that do not mention video games (including the game itself) are ignored * relations - calculated by weighted mentions - the more mentions, the stronger the relation is - other factors like lexical affinity and distance should be considered explorations ------------ * themes (related locations, objects, time, settings) * actions (related verbs, expressions, motions)
- List of Every Video Games Ever Made: Source: http://pastebin.com/EuxZMbWT
- List of Roguelike Games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_roguelike_video_games