Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the EyeMine wiki!
EyeMine is a project that allows you to play Minecraft using only eye control. It involves an assistive keyboard (EyeMine) as well as a custom mod that makes makes a few small changes behind the scenes to make Minecraft more accessible.
EyeMine is developed by SpecialEffect, a UK based charity which uses video games and technology to enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities. The project is entirely open-source and free to use for anyone with a Minecraft account.
EyeMine is unofficial and not approved by Minecraft.
EyeMine is designed to provide access to Minecraft for a wide range of abilities. It is currently targeted at 3 different levels of eye-gaze access, and users can move up through the levels as they progress.
If you can use eye gaze to select a square button that is about 1/4 of the height of your monitor, then you're good to go! You should be able to:
- explore a (creative) Minecraft world, by walking and flying around
- mine and explore underground
- attack monsters and animals
If you are able to use eye gaze to select smaller buttons, you can work your way through the more advanced versions to unlock functionality including:
- riding minecarts and boats
- building things
- selecting items from your inventory
For more information, see Different interaction levels
- You need a Windows PC running at least Windows 7. EyeMine is not compatible with Minecraft on mobile or gaming consoles.
- Your computer must have the minimum spec for Minecraft: Minecraft requirements
- You need one of the eye-trackers listed here: Supported eye-trackers
- Check the requirements of the eyetracker you want to use and make sure your PC meets the spec.
- Finally, you will need a Minecraft account, which can be purchased at the Minecraft homepage or from your favourite game retailer.