Easy events submissions.
require 'events_emitter' EventsEmitter.event(key, value, emitter)
Interpretation of key and value depends on your backend. Emitter is a one of
To configure Redis:
EventsEmitter::Redis.config.update(host: "127.0.0.1", port: 6379, db: 1) # default
To add 'element_name' element to 'set_name' set invoke:
EventsEmitter.event("set_name", "element_name", :redis)
To configure pixel emitter:
EventsEmitter::Pixel.config.update(url: "//my_host.com/my.gif") # default
To request image with 'abcd' fragment (http://my_host.com/my.gif#abcd):
EventsEmitter.event("abcd", nil, :pixel)
To configure graphite emitter:
EventsEmitter::Graphite.config.update( graphite_host: 'graphite.example.com', graphite_port: 2003, memcached_uri: '127.0.0.1:11211', keys: ["key1"])
Whenever you run
EventsEmitter.event("key1", 1, :graphite)
EventEmitter will increment the key "key1" by 1 in memcache. To push the changes to graphite run:
Creating new emitter
You can create new emitter:
module EventsEmitter class Custom def record(key, value) puts [key, value].join(" => ") end end end # This will print to stdout 'my_key => 2' EventsEmitter.event("my_key", 2, :custom)
Contributing to events_emitter
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet.
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it.
- Fork the project.
- Start a feature/bugfix branch.
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution.
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
See LICENSE.txt for further details.