This project is no longer maintained.
If you're interested in taking it over, we'd love to hear from you. Email email@example.com or check out one of its maintained forks.
Step 1. Create a Facebook App:
- Login to Facebook.
- Go to the Facebook Developers page for Apps: https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Press "Create New App" in the top right corner.
- For "App Display Name" enter anything you want; I used "SocialAnalytics". You can leave the App Namespace blank.
Check the box to agree to the FB Policies and on to the next page.
- The next stage is pretty easy, just enter your domain in both the "App Domain" and "Website" sections.
- Hit "Save Changes".
- Grab the App ID from the top of the page and save it ready for the next section.
Step 2. Installing the WordPress Plugin:
- Download the WordPress Plugin from the button on the right.
- Log in to the Admin of your WordPress account.
- In the submenu of Plugins click "Add New".
- Click on "Upload" to upload the plugin you just downloaded.
- Upload the plugin you just downloaded/ saved.
- Activate the plugin via the link: "Active Plugin".
- You just activated the plugin.
- In the submenu of Settings click "Social Analytics".
- Enter your Facebook App ID.
- Choose the way you would like to track your data in Google Analytics, Custom Variables or Event Tracking. Default: Custom Variables.
- Choose the social networks you would to track for your visitors activity.
- Click "Save Changes".
- You successfully installed and configured the WordPress Plugin.
Step 3. Analyzing the data in Google Analytics:
Once you've gathered some data the real fun can begin, starting with analyzing how many of your users are active on social networks. So we skip the steps and would like to give you some useful tips and information.
If you have any questions on the Social Analytics WordPress Plugin, please do get in touch with Martijn Scheijbeler: firstname.lastname@example.org