A framework with grid-based, magazine-style blog.
- Blog with 3 different grid styles: autocolumns (i.e. masonry), baseline, and top-aligned.
- Related posts support on the individual blog posts.
- A flyout preview-style navigation between blog posts.
- A reading position indicator on blog posts.
- Sidebar with optional author profile on blog posts.
- Asynchronous page loading in the blog, either through a Load More button or infinite scroll style.
- A two-column overlay style navigation panel.
- SVG UI icons with adjustable weights.
This template uses Node Package Manager to handle dependency management and run build scripts. After cloning this repo, install dependencies:
To use the local development process, you'll need to install the Squarespace Local Development Server separately, then run:
To deploy to your live Squarespace site, run:
npm run deploy
NPM Script Reference
This template's NPM scripts make extensive use of
squarespace CLI commands. To learn more about what's happening under the hood, check out Squarespace Toolbelt on Github.
npm run build
Cleans the build folder, copies Squarespace files (JSON-T, LESS, assets) into the build folder from source and
npm run clean
Cleans the build folder, removing all build results.
npm run deploy
Deploys your built template to production using Git. If not already configured, initializes a Git repo for deployment in your build folder. Note this is separate from your source repository, and will only contain the build result.
npm run lint
Runs ESLint on the scripts in your
Runs watch, and simultaneously launches Squarespace Server. By default this runs on
npm run server
Launches Squarespace Server.
npm run server:auth
Launches Squarespace Server, prompting you for your Squarespace authentication details. Useful if your site is password-protected.
npm run watch
Watches your source directory as well as your scripts and modules for changes, and builds on the fly when changes are detected.