What is Kandan? Kandan is a private chat service for your company or team. You can invite colleagues to share ideas and files in a persistent group chat room or rooms.
Unlike HipChat or other alternatives, Kandan is completely Open Source and can be hosted internally or externally by your organization or by a third party.
These are features that work out of the box on any provider:
- Easy deploy to CloudFoundry, Heroku, dotCloud, etc.
- Collaborative team chat
- Unlimited channels
- Embed formats for images and youtube videos with requests for others (twitter, facebook, g+, etc.)
- Synchronized sound player - play any audio-tag compatible url for the whole channel (Pending :P)
- /me command!
- Highly extensible plugin format
- Your very own robotic companion
To deploy to Stackato
stackato push -n
See DEPLOY.md for information on deploying.
We're tracking milestones and todo items in the tracker See the issue tracker
That's not a question, it's an order! Or more of a friendly offer, really. Kandan is a fully open-source app, so dive in and start adding features, fixing bugs (what bugs?), and cleaning up the code.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sacha Greif for his amazing design job and exacting implementation standards on Kandan. A wonder and a pleasure to work with.
- Andrew Hampton For the initial manual server install instructions.
- Akash Manohar J For some of the initial work on Kandan
- Thomas Risberg For the Cloud Foundry install instructions and compatibility fixes.
- and many other amazing contributors
Kandan's code and assets are dual-licensed. Kandan is available generally under the AGPL, and also under a custom license via special agreement. See LICENSE for the AGPL terms, and contact us at email@example.com if you're interested in development of Kandan under a custom license.