Kandan - Modern Open Source Chat
The slickest chat app out there. Open-source and well-supported to boot.
$ git clone git://github.com/Stackato-Apps/kandan.git $ cd kandan $ stackato push -n
Your app should be up and running after a few minutes. Create a new account and start chatting!
These are features that work out of the box on any provider:
- Collaborative team chat
- Unlimited channels
- Embed formats for images and youtube videos with requests for others (twitter, facebook, g+, etc.)
- Synchronized sound player - play any audio-tag compatible url for the whole channel (Pending :P)
- /me command!
- Highly extensible plugin format
- Your very own robotic companion
That's not a question, it's an order! Or more of a friendly offer, really. Kandan is a fully open-source app, so dive in and start adding features, fixing bugs (what bugs?), and cleaning up the code.
- Talk with us on the mailing list
- GitHub issues tracker
- Twitter @cloudfuji
- New-wave open-source meetup - we meetup once a month to share tips on how developers grow business around super high-quality open source software
- ... is there a fifth way? Telegram maybe?
- Sacha Greif for his amazing design job and exacting implementation standards on Kandan. A wonder and a pleasure to work with.
- Andrew Hampton For the initial manual server install instructions.
- Thomas Risberg For the Cloud Foundry install instructions and compatibility fixes.
- Cloudfuji for leading and sponsoring the initial development of Kandan
Kandan's code and assets are dual-licensed. Kandan is available generally under the AGPL, and also under a custom license via special agreement. See LICENSE for the AGPL terms, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in development of Kandan under a custom license.